Monday 30 July 2007

Four Fabulous Ways to Earn Six Figures

hat's one of the most common questions I'm asked by aspiring and professional writers alike. And it's an excellent question since most writers today receive absolutely no compensation for their craft.

So how do I earn money as a writer? Let me count the ways.

Well, at least four of them.

1. Sell Valuable Information

About 15 years ago, my brother and business partner, James and I published an information guide which listed all of the U.S. Army contracts for rebuilding Iran after the Persian Gulf War in the early '90s. For example, civil engineers were being offered $300,000 for an annual contract. The information was published unclassified by the U.S Federal Government, which means it was not protected by U.S. Copyright laws. That means it did not cost us a cent to acquire. We advertised in only two publications (The Los Angeles Times and The New York Times), and sold the guide for $19.99.

Thirty-six hours after the ads ran we were receiving 40-50 orders a day. It was absolutely surreal to experience $1,000 pay days for several weeks. We even had international sales primarily because these two newspapers have paid subscribers across the globe. Imagine. This was without any Internet promotion. No websites, no email ... nothing techie at all.

2. Host a Free Seminar Featuring Your Book

One of my clients recently shared how after facilitating a seminar about his book, he did over $5,700 in advance sales. And guess what? At the time of this writing, his book has yet to be printed! I share his secret and exactly how he did it in my How to be a Paid Writer e-Course

3. Say, "Pie!"

Do you like to eat? All those who do and are within two feet of these words, say, "Pie!" Apple pie A la mode, that is. My favorite. You can enjoy fabulous meals for free, plus collect a check from either a publisher or restaurant owner (or in some cases, both) just by writing about your dining experiences. This can easily become a full time vocation. I do it part time here in Arizona.

Let me tell you how it works. I walk into a restaurant and ask to speak with the owner or General Manager. After introducing myself as a food critic with eMediaCampaigns! I discuss and submit my proposal to write about my dining experience in the restaurant and publish it internationally, in exchange for my standard fee, and a complimentary meal. I not only show the owner/GM exactly how a powerful, published, positive review would look like framed in the restaurant's lobby, but how it will increase their bottom line. All General Managers see the value of my service, and not one has ever declined.

4. Become a Technical Writer

Technical writers write the information for product developers. Lots of people need help with putting what their product or business does in words. To start, you simply approach businesses, engineers, stores, libraries, organizations, financial institutions, construction companies,(the list goes on) and present your proposal.

Technical writers write in a concise and easy-to-read manner for consumer publications. When they write for the "experts" such as doctors and attorneys, they write in a highly specialized language.
OK, so what exactly do technical writers write? All types of materials, actually.
Including, codes of conducts, policies, product instructions, reference manuals, articles, project proposals, training materials, technical reports, catalogs, brochures, multimedia presentations, parts lists, assembly instructions, sales promotion materials . . . again the list go on. One of my students specializes in writing brochures for companies and makes more than $110,000 a year.
There you have it: Four Fabulous Ways to Earn Six Figures." My name is Fran Briggs
and I am an internationally recognized and award-winning writer. I am also the creator of the How to be a Paid Writer e-Course & Seminars. I designed the very affordable e-Course to help people who want to be published and paid, but don't have a clue where to start or what to do. Learn more. Go to The Be a Paid Writer e-Course and I'll see you in class.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Looking for a home business that works? Looking to change your financial situation? Visit my website to find out how http://www.cancelyourautoshipnow.com